Schools, Churches, Hospitals

Post

Bret Harte Aquatics
A general overview of the location for the new Bret Harte High School Aquatic Center

The project area is located in Altaville, known originally as Forks of the Road, Cherokee Flat and Cherokee Diggings, which took its name at a town meeting in 1857. By the 1880s, Altaville, Spanish for “upper or higher town or village,” boasted a hotel, foundry, fairgrounds, livery stable, wagon making shop, blacksmith, dance hall, stores and saloons, as well as fine residences (Leonard 1985:6). In addition, several important quartz mines and mills coursed southerly down Main Street to Angels Camp, while the Catholic, Public, and Serbian Orthodox cemeteries were established on the Stockton Road. Altaville was annexed to Angels Camp in 1912 and now part of the City of Angels.

Image of San Andreas Hospital
Post

San Andreas Hospital

Content TK

Commands