Water

Post

Carson Hill Water Ditches

By 1855, two ditch companies, both of which had been declared public utilities in Calaveras County, had been constructed to bring water to Carson Hill and its vicinity: The Eureka Water Ditch and the Carson & Coyote Creek Ditch (State Surveyor General Annual Report 1855:322, 324). Both ditches conveyed water that was delivered by the Union Water Company from the Stanislaus River, then through a series of ditches, flumes, and reservoirs to Angels and Coyote Creeks, where it was picked up again and conveyed to the various mining areas along their routes.

Commands